Finally got around to logging some time in the studio!
First thing up was a too-big stirrup on a western pleasure set.
It had to undergo a little reduction surgery
on both sides
before it looked like a stirrup again!
Next, because I knew I needed to get a commission done, I made the obvious choice to start sculpting and hacking things up.
First came a Lustiano whose tail I've been meaning to complete for months.
Finally can say it's done!
|2011 vs. today|
It's also amazing how far one's spanish tail sculpting skills can come in a year! Probably still not 100.00% correct, but so much closer!
This gal was also in the wrong place at the wrong time when my customizing itch hit.
She's looking pretty rough now, and honestly I don't even really know what direction she's going in! Oh well! It was fun to break out the epoxy and the saw.
I DID however also get some actual tack work done. (yay!)
Bridle for said commission I was ignoring earlier. I'm trying to switch to braided string reins - the leather ones were not super responsive to sticky wax and did not drape easily. This made for a live show disaster combo (as I quickly discovered the morning of that October show). Hopefully this works out better!